Stay Safe Online
What is prohibited content?
The following lists but is not limited to content that may be classified as being prohibited:
- Footage of real or simulated violence, criminal activity or accidents from video clips, games or films.
- Sexually explicit content.
- Images of child sexual abuse.
- Content that advocates or encourages acts of terrorism.
- Content encouraging or promoting crime or violence.
- Self harm
- Racial hate
- Religious discrimination
What can I do to deal with prohibited content?
If you see content online that you believe to be prohibited, report it to email@example.com
What can I do to deal with offensive content?
If you see online content that you think is offensive there are number of easy ways to deal with it:
- Close the page straight away, hit control-alt-delete if the site does not allow you to exit
- Use a filter or other tool to block adult content, and use safe search settings in your browser
- Report offensive content by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email provide specific URL information, details of page and the reasons why you believe the content is 'prohibited'.
- If you want to report criminal activity call 199 or 192. Reports can be anonymous.
- Talk to someone you trust if you have seen something that has shocked or upset you.
Websites containing Child Pornography - Definitions
A person under 18 years of age, and a person whose age cannot be ascertained and there are reasons to believe that the person is under 18 years of age.
Any material that visually depicts a child engaged in real or simulated sexually explicit conduct, any representation of the sexual organs of a child for primarily sexual purposes, any material that visually depicts any person appearing to be a child engaged in real or simulated sexually explicit conduct or any depiction of the sexual organs of any person appearing to be a child, for primarily sexual purposes or any realistic images of a child engaged in sexually explicit conduct or realistic images of the sexual organs of a child, for primarily sexual purposes.